From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:31:26 -0700
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:06:56 -0500, Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Someone on a UK low-carb forum I participate in posted the following link
>to a very interesting story regarding meal frequency.  I think it may be
>relevant here because it mentions our hunter-gatherer metabolisms when our
>eating patterns would have been a combo of feast and famine.
>

>http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8126-1707912,00.html

The usual media story - a mixture of widely accepted myths (the law of calories
being the most prominent example) and total suppositions stated confidently as
facts (cf the medical advisor to the Longevity society).

Aside from all that, my biggest problem with this whole concept is the idea that
in the EEA, the usual lifestyle was "a combo of feast and famine".   Given that
our current social interactions were also formed back then, as well as our diet,
it seems unlikely that any tribal group (typically 200 or more people) would
allow the hunters (and gatherers) to work on that irregular a schedule.
--
Cheers,

Ken