From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:54:11 -0700
Okay, but do you think there is something that drives  humans to  search for
starchy foods that satisfies some primordial need, even when there are fatty
animals around?  I can go for days eating just meat, fat, veggies, but every so
often, I need to eat something carby, starchy, like yams or yucca root  or a
couple of bananas. It sort of feels like the mortar that keeps me going.   So,
are you suggesting that when fat is scarce, we substitute carbs? Maybe in
between the abundance of certain fat bearing animal migrations and hunts, man
knew to load up on the tubers for lean times.  Interesting.  I know from my own
cravings, that when the weather turns colder, I want more carbs, even paleo
friendly ones.

Batsheva

From: william <[log in to unmask]>

> One question that has always perplexed me during my cavegirl career  is why
>surviving hunter-gatherers spend so much time processing  starches.

Ersatz fat.

William