From:
Cas Kearse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:06:16 -0500
>From: Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
>I hope this is a paleo-enough question.  Mercola recommends ceramic-coated
>cookware but doesn't list brands.  Le Creuset is porcelain enameled cast
>iron, I think, though it's usually described as just enameled.   Is this
>what Mercola is talking about?  Thanks.
>
>Theola

Porcelain and enamel can be used interchangebly.  Enamel can be metal with a
coating of glass melted (fired) onto it.  Porcelain can be like pottery
ceramics as in a compound of clay mixed with some other materials with a
coating of glass fired onto it.  Le Creuset is one company that makes cast
iron that has a coating but there are others that are not so expensive.
Yes I think this is what is referred to.  I did get rid of my expensive
aluminum cook ware set I've had for years and got some inexpensive enamel
ware pots.  Of course I've used my iron frying pans ever since I can
remember.  I'll not be getting rid of them.
Cas