From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:05:58 +1000
No, you're wrong. Although it's obvious that the "doctor's" statements are
pure bullshit, I worry about people throwing around their title to give
credence to false claims, to increase their credibility. If this forum is
open platform, take it or leave it, then issue your statements without any
spurious titles or qualifications. Let your ideas speak for themselves.
Not everyone on the list has a science degree. They are vulnerable to quacks
and con men. Some of thew list are sick or desperate for answers.
This list has enough bullshit on it without unqualified people pretending
they have qualifications.
Poor Michael even wrote "If it were me I'd take my knowledge somewhere else.
" He obviously felt there was some truth in it. That knowledge is worth
Jack.
There are many people on this list with genuine high qualifications- they
choose not to state them, simply to let the facts speak for themselves.
Hey, I believe in freedom of speech. I believe in list groups existing to
help us empower each other. I do not believe in exploitation by
misinformation.
I do not believe in confidence trickery. I will stand up against wrong
wherever I see it. That is my creed. This is not a flame for the fun of it.
The "don't beat around the bush" statement was very necessary, and he did
beat around the bush. The good doctors reply was simply more bullshit- he
did not tell us his qualification or field. Obviously, he either has no
qualification or else it's in an unrelated field. That's the whole point- if
you use an honorific, you must be able to back it up, otherwise shut up
about it. Quacks and conmen never do- unless it's a mail-order qualification
from the University of Acornflakespacket.
I can't believe how gullible you are.
Doctor, full revelation please, or you and your horse get off my listserve.

Ben