Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:56:11 +0100
There are several traditinal ways to serve lut(e)fisk in Sweden: with white sauce (becahmel sauce), green peas, melted butter, mustard sauce, salt, ground black pepper, ground allspice (I'm not quite sure if thats the same as the swedish word "kryddpeppar", but I think so). And yes, in Norway, and the swedish west coast, they usually sprinkle (?) bacon ower the fish!
Lut(e)fisk is low in fat and easy to digest. In Sweden we eat a lot of fatty food at Christmas so the lut(e)fisk is a nice change.
Hope this isn't too much off topic! ;-))
Boel