Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:14:29 -0800
There are some interesting things regarding blood sugar levels and the
allergic response to some foods. Hypoglycemia or hyperinsulinemia may
make one more sensitive, according to Carlton Frederick's New Low
Blood Sugar and You (can be found at Amazon.com at
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0399510877/qid=914367808/sr=1-1/002-9046620-2325010).

I also subscribe to a weight loss meds list, and there was an
interesting thread where people who went on certain weight loss meds
(a variety of meds) found their allergies cleared up as a nice
side-effect. Makes me wonder to what extent the activated weight loss
mechanism helped the allergies, or whether it was that the diet med
was actually an anti-allergy agent and weight loss with it in some
could be related to desensitization to foods one's allergic to.
Ephedrine is often used as a diet med (ephedrine-caffeine-aspirin
stack too) and also has antiallergic properties (seen in prescription
and over the counter allergy relief medicines).

This and other connections between things that cause weight loss
(intentionally or as side effect) and which are also allergy-relievers
or 'cleaning agents' in some cases, are prevalent yet I haven't seen a
whole lot of exploration of the issue.

Just my .02 contribution to the food allergy discussion.

Donna