From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2007 23:38:47 -0800
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Neil!!!  I know we are not supposed to write "thank you notes" in here as a general rule, but you have no idea how much your statements made my heart glad!!!  I try so hard not to "preach" to people, but it just makes me ILL to see all of my dear friends eating weird diets and taking statins and blood pressure medicine and hormone replacements, which, as you said, have been PROVEN to cause early death, unlike cholesterol, that when I finally hear a fellow voice of sanity, I would just like to thank it (and you!!!).

  A total balance of ALL hormones is essential, you are absolutely correct.  And while I don't have the formal education in that area of some in here, I certainly have spent many years doing my own research.  And diet IS the biggest factor.  As most of you know, I am not fully Paleo, however, it doesn't mean I don't know anything!!  When I see my dear friend shun eggs because of the "cholesterol", but she can eat 15 (not 16, but 15, according to her "diet plan") Baked Lay's potatoe chips, I want to SCREAM!!!!  Oh well, I'll stop before I hop up on the soap box yet again.  Just wanted to let you know that I appreciated your comments in the sea of insanity swarming around me!!!

  Love,
  Bren, who might eat 16 potatoe chips or none at all, but does NOT imagine them to be healthy in any way, shape or form, good grief

Neil Timms <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  From what I understand there is very little about the cholesterol
being harmful theory that makes any sense at all.

Cholesterol is essential for our health and the more so as we age. The
whole cholesterol statins thing will be seen in time to have caused
many early deaths without addressing the underlying causes.

Humans are evolved to mainly eat certain types of food - when we eat
stuff that we are not evolved to eat we suffer health problems
including bunged up blood vessels. So I guess my position is -
cholesterol good - statins bad - polyunsaturated vegetable oils bad -
saturated fat good.

Cheers

Neil

--