Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:42:52 -0400
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My mother in law (10 y ago) did the test and fed her collie with "Matzinger
> Hundeflocken". Looks like oat flakes. I think the animal didn't get much
> other stuff. And did quite well.

THAT IS NOT THE TEST!!!!   The dog is to be left alone in the lush field,
not fed anything at all, and kept from all meat.  The fact that man can feed
his pets "Matzinger Hundeflocken"  does not show in any way, shape or form
that dogs in nature (not "helped" by humans) can procure, eat, thrive and
reproduce for an indefinite number of generations on a diet composed of oat
flakes.

Don