From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 11:29:54 -0700
On Saturday, Jun 19, 2004, at 08:48 US/Pacific, Lynn Razaitis wrote:
> Okay....I'm ready to start devouring my own dog treats....so how do
> you prepare stuff? Tell me some ways that are fairly palatable to
> start.
> (I did find an earlier post from somone who posted organ and gland
> pemmican. Sounds interesting so I dehydrated some of my liver to try
> this weekend.)
>
> Thanks a million!
> Lynn

Well, when I eat these, they are all essentially raw: lightly broiled
or chased through a pan of melted butter. I have eaten pieces of all
these raw as well; I remember a time years ago when I visited a member
of our list, who asked if she could watch me eat raw liver, and
cheerfully cut a slice up for my dog and me to share:)

There's nothing you can't slice up and broil, and I think you will find
them all much more palatable with a degree of rareness. The hearts in
particular are better than the finest cuts of muscle meat in intensity
of flavor. A light sauté also works well, especially with kidneys and
sweetbreads. Research French cooking for many ways to do something
fancy with innards.

Have fun,

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!