From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2008 23:21:46 -0800
Ok, I don't get it, lol.  This is the RAW PLACE, and I don't so much suscribe to all of everything, but I listen and I learn, yes.  But I for sure cook meat til it's just barely pink, and not according to "meat thermometers" and all the other BS, lol.  Haven't died yet.  Am still alve to annoy and contradict  you all,  hehe.  All joking aside, why do you all subscribe to raw eating, but you worry about temp in meat???  I am NOT being rude, just trying to understand.

shirley sommers wrote:
>  The pork was slashed every 1/4 in through the skin and into the meat so
it was started at 450 degrees just long enough to get the skin strips to start
curling up. Then it was 250 degrees, uncovered and basted , till done.  I
thought 165 was the lowest you could go for food safety reasons?

165 is the recommended for pork, but beef can be 140 for rare IIRC.
Roasting pork at 145 would be venturing into unknown territory, might taste
odd.

William