From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:44:48 -0500
On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

> > Some of us just "want" too much.
>
> What do you think is the reason that some want too much?

Good question.

> Evolutionary there's *disadvantage* for obesity,
> and, btw. little chance to see a fat koisan, aboriginal, yanonami.

Yes, but these hunter-gatherers seem also to be noted for low
overall caloric intake.

> I think the main reason is the tendency to eat for one specific
> nutrition property until it's sufficiently present.
> *not* energy. Some vitamins, minerals.

Makes sense, but then consider the Fulani, whom we read about
recently.  Their energy intake is still low, even though their
consumption of folic acid and B-6 (I think) was also inadequate.

Your view is the same as that of the Multi-Diet author
(http://www.multi-diet.com).  It's reasonable.  It makes me
wonder, then, what nutrients I might be missing.

Todd Moody