From:
Jose Carlos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:58:52 -0500
Hello:

Thanks you all for all the posts with responses concerning my two
consecutive messages. In particular I want to say a word or two to:

a) Robert Kesterson - 1. The only trouble with paleo for our workman has
not to do with paleo itself, but with money. Earning a very low salary, he
can't afford to buy a lot of meats and nuts to make up his meals. He
usually has got to rely on carbs, which are cheaper. Even the meats he
usually eats are of the very much processed kind and so not very
nutritious. 2. You present the down-to-earth explanations of why paleo
must also be applied individually and carefully and is not like something
off-the-shelf.

b) Keith Thomas - Pardon me for my ignorance, but precisely what are cold
meats? I thought of ham and similar meats, but then I don't think it can
be. These overprocessed meats hardly can be called food, let alone paleo.
What do you mean? Raw or cooked meats that are sliced and served cold or
rather at room temperature?

c) Debby Padilla - As for honey, I'd say: use it alone or leave it alone.
Honey usually doesn't go well with any other foods, as far as I know. Like
syrup, it disturbs digestion. In any case, if you have to use it, use just
a very small amount.

d) Elizabeth Beasley - This much I've learned about fruit: eat your fruit
alone (that is, with no other foods together)*; eat more fruit in warm/hot
weather, less or zero in cool/cold climate; eat fruit preferably in the
afternoon and just one kind at a time. If you follow these guidelines, you
may minimize or even eliminate your trouble with fruit. I hope so.

Regards,

JC

* Meats in association with fruit isn't a very bad association, though.
Let your personal taste guide you here. I for one prefer to savour my
fruits by themselves.