From:
"T. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 16:33:00 -0700
Aaron Sugarman wrote:
> Why don't people differentiate between cooked and raw carbohydrates.  I ate
> tons of carbs when I was a raw vegan and I was a stick.

By "raw vegan", do you mean that you ate only uncooked, non-animal foods?
How long did you do this?

Anyway, I'm thinking that while you may have eaten large volumes of
vegetable foods, if you were eating only raw foods I can't see how your
carb intake could actually be that high.

You have a good point that cooking allows you to drastically increase carb
intake (via beans and potatoes, for example). In the case of the average
American diet, though, I suspect an even bigger culprit is processing of
grains.