From:
galacticaxis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 22:27:12 -0700
I would like to open a discussion regarding nutritional supplements,
including vitamins, minerals, herbs, concentrated green foods, etc.  Some
paleoeaters believe the food is all that is necessary, while others take
dozens of supplements daily.  I am interested in evidence, anecdotal or
scientific, that might indicate the best way for an individual to determine
whether supplementation is desirable.  Again, this is an area in which each
of us has different needs, but I am curious about the experience of anyone
who has noticed significant change with the addition--or deletion--of a
supplement.  I know some have reported noticing no benefit whatsoever from
supplements, some have reported improvement from avoiding them, etc.  I am
wondering, among other details, about the excess burden that unnecessary
supplements may put on the body, as it needs to eliminate the excess.  Any
information or experiential description is appreciated.
Gala