Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 06:43:04 -0700
Dear LIst,

THE SUGAR BLUES was great as it discussed the sugar industry and how food
has been adulterated, it mentioned that in a 4 year span of the 60's, sugar
content in processed foods doubled!   If I remember correctly, the book gets
a little bit weird when the author starts suggesting that sugar merchants
run the government/world!!

At that point, it lost me. But the details about sugar in processed foods
were fascinating, and how much our food is adulterated.

LICK THE SUGAR HABIT is interesting as it goes into great detail as to what
sugar does to the organs and the cells of the body, it is a great motivator
to get oneself off of sugar. It has some great charts which give lists of
detrimental effects of sugar on the body/health. ( a lot more  harmful
effects than you would even  think)

Now,  I don't see myself as being denied sugar, but instead, I feel sorry
for others when they eat it. Oh, it also talks about how sugar disrupts the
body's mineral balance and weakens  the immune response for days.

BTW, I was at an amusement center for kids the other day, kind of like a
Chuck E Cheese, and have never seen so many obese people, gigantic women/men
lumbering around, I wanted to reach out to them and tell them about paleo!
They all looked so unhealthy. Not a Ray among them anywhere. And, they were
so young, many parents in their 30's were absolutely huge and grotesquely
misshapen as a result of carb addiction.I'm not trying to be mean or
judmental as I used to pack extra weight myself before Neanderthin. But
these folks were huge! Probably most are on a "low fat" but high carb, diet,
and wonder why the heck they can't lose weight. I used to wonder the same
thing. How come I am working out so much, eating so" low fat," yet  I am
overweight??