From:
Wolf Logan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 11:31:30 -0800
howdy...i'm new to the list, although for a variety of resonas, my
diet has
tended toward paleo for several years now.

when i saw the item below, i thought i'd respond. i'm an esselen, a
member
of a native american tribe here on the central coast of california.
we've
eaten acorns for a long time, and they've constituted a good source of
carbohydrates in our diets. acorn bread and acorn soup are acquired
tastes,
but they're pretty good.

i have some information on our traditional foods, and if anyone would
like
me to do so, i will post that information here (including how to
prepare
acorns.)