From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 22:19:10 -0500
On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, bj3 wrote:

> Hi!  Can we reconcile the paleo way of eating with A'damo's blood type way
> of eating?  For those who are type B's who shouldn't eat red meat every day
> there does appear to be a conflict.   I'm a type B with psoriasis; there is
> some speculation that the arach. acid in meat/eggs aggravates the
> psoriasis.  However, I personally have had much success with the paleo
> eating when it comes to reducing cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.

It is possible to reconcile the two diets, but it's not easy.
That is, you can start with D'Adamo's food list and then select
only the paleo-correct foods from it.  The result is a diet even
more restrictive than the two diets from which it is derived.

For the record, I am type A, and I also have psoriasis.  The
psoriasis cleared up during the summer on the paleo diet, but
then it *always* tends to clear up during the summer.  It comes
back in the fall.  Finally I had the idea -- one that I should
have thought of about 30 years ago -- of taking a vitamin D
supplement.  It cleared up the psoriasis.  Fish oils (not just
cod liver oil) tend to be good sources of vitamin D, which is
further evidence that some of us have a greater metabolic need
for these oils than others do.

Todd Moody