From:
P & L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 09:52:11 -0500
> From:    Susan Carmack
> Subject: Re: Flesh, carbos and vegans
>
> >I now have IgE reactions to flaxseed and most nuts.
>
> Please explain what reactions these are. TIA

Hi Susan.

In general, IgE & IgG are two types of immunoglobulins
(anitbodies) that react to certain food protiens.  Blood
tests are available to detect whether and individual has
immunoglobulins that react to specific foods.  I was shocked
to learn I had a very high reaction to sunflower seed.  When
I eliminated these and other allergins from my diet, the
heavy fatigue I'd had for a year mysteriously vanished
within a week  This is what basically switched me from a
paleo version of the type O diet to all paleo - many of the
type O acceptable or beneficial foods were poisoning me
personally.

There are tons of reference with detailed info on food
allergies and leaky gut syndrome floating out there in
cyberspace.  A quick search can give you more info than I
can.

Lois