From:
Kendra_&_Karen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:33:52 -0600
> Just curious, how long have you two been eating this way and what changes
> have occurred in your health since you began?
> Mary-San Antonio:)

We have been eating this way for approximately 5 years, starting the day we read
NeanderThin.  Before we were on the typical SAD and fat free diets to keep our
weight down.  We are 5' 5" and at that point weighed 135 lbs.  We felt like
failures and were constantly ill and lethargic.  We suffered from continual yeast
infections, cold sores, flus, colds, allergies and myopia.  The day we started we
felt terrific and it all made so much sense.  The Observer article tipped us off
to this lifestyle and through some coercion we got the (now closed) Taylor's
bookstore to order the book.  It was read in one evening and all "forbidden
foods" went out the next morning.

We very quickly regained health, energy and strength to continue even though
everyone thought we were nuts, (most still think we are nuts).  Our vision has
improved, we get flus or colds maybe once every one to two years and they are
mild, no more allergies, no more yeast infections and rare cold sores.  Our hair
and skin are healthy and our teeth are cavity free.  We have not seen a dentist
or doctor in approximately 5 years.

Karen's DH has practiced this way of eating for the same length of time as us,
but cheats frequently and Kendra's DH was introduced to this way of eating 3
years ago.  The DHs are not as strict as they are generally healthy and in great
shape.  They are very considerate of us though and have become more strict now
that we have children.  We want to teach them proper food choices and can not if
we are not practicing them ourselves.  So good rule of thumb is "if you won't let
Dakota (19 months old now) eat it then we won't eat it".  Same thing will apply
for Madisen once she is eating.  Dakota thrives on this way of eating and has
never been sick. (Except, mild congestion that lasted one week in December).

If we cheat on this way of eating it is usually with wine, very rarely.  We eat
cheese occasionally without any adversities.  For the most part though we eat a
lot of meat and salads w/homemade mayonnaise dressing, some vegetables and nuts,
and very few fruits (we have a lot of spicy lime drinks).  The DHs and son eat a
balance of meat, vegs, fruits and nuts.

Sorry this is so long,

Kendra and Karen
NeanderTwins