From:
Kim Tedrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 02:02:31 EST
In a message dated 11/20/99 12:46:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Philosophy is an intellectual process that deals in abstract concepts.
>  Mythology and religion apply symbols based on concretes that have meaning
>  the people who originate them (the Australian aboriginal religion is a
>  perfect example). These latter bodies of wisdom/knowledge rely as much on
>  emotion and intuition as the intellect of the human being. Philosophy tends
>  to avoid emotion and intuition in its search for wisdom. I realize these
are
>  gross generalizations, but I don't have time to write a dissertation. I've
>  done my time in school.

Robert Moss, who has written two books on Conscious Dreaming and was born in
Austrailia, often refers to his dreamwork as "Paleopsych".  The concept of
"Dreamtime" in the Austrailian aboriginal cultures that Troy mentions is
central to their world view.

For anyone interested, his books are:  Conscious Dreaming, and Dreamgates.  I
recommend them both.

Kim