From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:00:31 -0700
>Hi Valerie:
>
>First, let me say that when I began a paleodiet, I was attracted to more
>fried foods initially because I wasn't eating enough fat.  I was still
>clinging on to the Food Pyramid scare concerning saturated fat.  When I
>let go of that mindset, and cultivated my own instinctual stop of sorts
>with regards to fat, I found certain deep fried, overly greasy foods
>unappealing.  So, the more fatty lamb, eggs, avocadoes and homemade
>mayonnaise and nuts I ate, the "cleaner" I seemed to like my foods.
>Very simple preparation became more palatable.  Now, if I go to a
>Chinese restaurant, and get even their version of lightly sauteed
>greens, I always have a nice zit on my cheek the next morning.  Yet, I
>can sit with a jar of raw almond butter, or a plate of lamb ribs  and
>devour  with no problem or ill effects!  Also, I eat a lot of wild game,
>and I can go to town on venison steaks, but have a real clear
>instinctual stop with grain fed meat.  My body seems to communicate much
>quicker and clearly now.  I also find that raw fat is definately more to
>my liking.  Even raw eggs in a blender drink over cooked, for example.
>It all depends on weather, mood, etc.
>
>So, maybe try blanching your cauliflower, and serving the flowerettes
>with a guacomole dip, or maybe some horseradish mayonnaise made with
>extra virgin olive oil.  YUM!
>
>Or don't listen to anyone but yourself, and go with your gut feeling and
>cravings.
>
>Cheers!
>
>Judy Genova, cavegirl

Couldn't help but remark that my dinner last night consisted of: Fatty
lamb, raw, and salad with avocado, raw eggs, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and
home-made mayonnaise and garlic dressing! I guess there's not much wrong
with my instincts, and I agree with your perceptions about heated fats. I
haven't eaten deep-fried in years, but I can lightly stir-fry veggies and
meats with garlic and ginger. I cook Asian, but prefer it a lot "rarer"
than restaurants make. You might try, as suggested, lightly steaming and
then putting some "good" oil or fat on. I still eat butter, olive oil,
grapeseed oil, flax, etc. Cheers,

ginny, Paleodog

All stunts performed without a net!