From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:48:10 -0600
Here's another Paleo Chili:

Brown 2 lbs ground buffalo with 1 cup chopped onion and
3 cloves chopped garlic, in 2-4 Tbs fat (I use pork fat).
Then add 2 cups canned chopped tomatoes (I use organic
such as Muir Glen), 4 Tbs chile powder, 1 teaspoon dry
oregano, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, and 1 teaspoon salt.  Add
1 cup water, then simmer the mixture for at least 2 hours, until the
meat is very tender and the tomatoes pretty much cook into the sauce.
4 hours is not too much, but check to make sure it does not go
dry.

The better the chile powder you use, the more sensational the stew.
Native Seeds/SEARCH has the best chile powders I've ever tasted.
They sell them by mail order.

Lynnet