From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2011 13:28:30 +0000

I have to agree. I know a Filipinno who pointed out how, over there, fruit in wild areas grows pretty much all year round and in huge quantities.  Some people point to how denuded wild plant life is in some more northerly countries like the UK, but that is solely due to the fact that, in such countries, the wild areas are ruthlessly overmanaged by locals so that they do not have anywhere near the vast amount of biodiversity they had in palaeo times. For example, much of Scotland is now filled with heather, but in more ancient tiimes it was all forest.

Geoff