From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 20:19:51 -0800
On Mon, 7 Feb 2000 15:35:22 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>I am sorry to see some good people leave this list.
>
>I have been eating a starch "hit" once a day, usually at breakfast,
>sometimes at tea time, for the serotonin production.  (BTW, I do make
>sure it's prepared in accordance with the Enig/Fallon guidelines.)
>
>Will eating the same amount of carbs in the form of fruit work as
>effectively?  I've read conflicting information about this.
>
>Any helpful advice/info is greatly appreciated.  :)

If you are really interested in serotonin, then you should read "The Anti-Aging
Zone" by Barry Sears, PhD - he discusses all the hormone mechanisms at length,
including and especially serotonin and melatonin.

The short answer is that there is probably nothing worse for your long term
serotonin balance than carbohydrates.

A slightly longer answer would include the fact that serotonin should not be too
high nor should it be too low.

And, why are you interested in serotonin production at all?   There could be a
simpler answer for what you want to achieve by way of "increasing serotonin
production".