Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:05:04 -0500
Vicki Palmer writes:

<<I haven't been on too many emailing lists but the tone on this one is the
most opinionated, intolerant one I've been on.  For those of us would who
don't live in "paleoland" and would just like some help getting closer to
what would be an ideal diet FOR US individually, that we can live with and
enjoy, it is pretty intimidating.>>

Hi Vicki,

  It's interesting that you experience this list as opinionated and
intolerant.  I've been on over 100 lists (probably closer to 200) and find
this one, for the most part, to be very tolerant.  As far as opinionated
goes, I think that the topic lends itself to opinions.

I agree that the post you quoted in part had an intolerant tone to it.
There have been a few others, as well.  But I think that it is just a
handful of people who occasionally do this.  The discussions do go in depth
with people disagreeing, but it's not really arguing.  It's more like
exploring.  People back up their statements with the information they have.

How long have you been here?  Stick around.  I think you'll find what you
seek. Please don't hesitate to ask ANY question.  A number of people on this
list are quite willing to respond with respect.

I'm glad you spoke up.

Blessings,
Siobhan