Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 17:56:57 -0400
Lorenzo asked:

>>If  I  buy the  canned beets and pour the juice/water off
how would that change the sodium (salt)  content.

Canned beets are nutritionally inferior to fresh boiled beets; the different
in taste is drammatic.   Once you try freshly prepared beets, cooked at
home, you'll  never want to eat canned beets.  Ugh!  Many people who don't
like canned beets simply love fresh cooked beets.  So what if canned food
costs less---it is lacking in vitality.  Sure I buy a few canned things, but
I would not recommend buying canned vegetables, with the exception of tomato
products free of sugars and preservatives.  The nutrient and flavor losses
are too great.

Regards,
Rachel