From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:55:55 -0700
On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:08:28 EDT Mary Craddock <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> In a message dated 9/27/00 11:50:04 AM CST, [log in to unmask]
> writes:
>
> << I am looking for a recipe for (paleo) coconut-mango "ice cream"
that would not require the use of an ice cream machine. (What  purpose
does  the ice cream machine serve anyway? Does it just churn the ice
cream?) >

The ice cream maker whips air into the mixture and also keeps it from
becoming one large frozen ice cube.  If you do not have an ice cream
maker, you can try what I do, providing you will be home all day for
it.
Take a large ziplock bag, pour your mixture into it, (which ever
ingredients you decide to use) removing all the air.   place into
freezer
in a flat position.  Every 30 minutes remove from the freezer and
knead
the bag until it is smooth and no lumps. No need to open, just knead
the
bag. Repeat this till you have reached the desire consistency.
Depending
on your freezer, you will end up with a smooth, sorbet type dessert.
would use just as you said, pureed ripe mangos and coconut milk, honey
if
you want it sweeter.
Trish