Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2007 12:49:26 -0500
Yes, it is true.
I'm from there, (Saskatchewan) and all that need be for proof is go look.
Vast areas of hundreds of miles of cereal grains, not an animal in sight,
and you can see forever in "Big Sky" country. If you were to walk in a
grainfield and look between the stalks of plants, there is just plowed
dirt, no trace of suitable habitat for mice, voles, pheasants etc.
Descriptions of the virgin prairie have it teeming with animal life. Now,
for animal life, it is a desert.

Farmers always used to keep about 10% of their land wild, they used this
as a woodlot for heating fuel. No more, they heat with oil or propane and
have mostly plowed all that was wild.

No point in mentioning that to a vegetarian, they have faith.
Easier to convert a Catholic into a Protestant.

William