From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:58:35 +1000
 > Anyone with insight on the different sugars?  I
 >wonder because my body reacts differently to different fruits >and I'm
guessing a lot (if not most of it) is due to the sugars >therein.

Elizabeth made a very good post about fructose a couple of days ago. would
she be able to re-post it? [for me too,  since i accidently deleted it].

elsewise, you may be reacting to different phenols in the fruits, or
salicylate levels. most people of north eurasian heritage have an enzyme
decifiency related to phenol metabolism. of course, its not a deficieny.
since we ate only berries, and only for 2 months of the year, there wasnt
much need to metabolise phenols from fruits.

andrew

Example: bananas are chock-full of carbs but don't bother me in the least.
Other fruits, though, leave me either ready to eat the house down or drop on
the spot for a nap.  Others make my tongue burn but that's another topic.
Is this all in my head or does someone see method to the madness?  Someone
told me the body reacts differently to different sugars (i.e. sucrose vs.
fructose) which I'm sure is true but where can you find out which fruits
contain which sugars?

Dori Zook
Denver, CO