Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2012 13:51:34 -0700
Peter > do you have a link to the Phinney study, I am really interested in
> this, as personally, I find I perform at a much higher level with
> carbs.  maybe it is the placebo effect.

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/1/1/2

"Impaired physical performance is a common but not obligate result of
a low carbohydrate diet. Lessons from traditional Inuit culture
indicate that time for adaptation, optimized sodium and potassium
nutriture, and constraint of protein to 15?25 % of daily energy
expenditure allow unimpaired endurance performance despite nutritional
ketosis."