From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:14:28 -0700
On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 11:21:44 +0200 Paul Sand <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Yes but on the other hand when I was veggie and my digestion was very
> weak
> too much water (especially cold) made me very sick caused digestion
> problems. So I don't think that everybody should follow high water
> intake.
> Chinese medicine also advices against drinking too much (cold)
> water.
>
> I also found that drinking small amounts every 10-15 minutes or so
> works
> better that drinking large amount at once.

I was told by my Endo that one should drink not more than 6 oz of water
at a time, every 1/2 hour or hour.  His reason, the kidneys are about the
size of your ears and too much water at one time over works the kidneys
and they can not filter as good as they should.  So I drink a gallon a
day, but in small amounts throughout the day.  Also, I only drink room
temp water.  Cold water causes my stomach to cramp up.  Especially after
a workout.

Trish