From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 22:46:56 +0200
At 10:38 2000-04-03 -0700, jean-claude wrote:

>Or maybe , there is no needs biologically speaking for human females to
>experience menopause.

There probably is, as it is usual also among h/g's.
At some age a woman is still needed in the group, but it starts to
be dangerous for her to have more births.

>Yes , and  there is no evidence that we need to fall apart to be ready to
>die. ( my grand father was able to put his leg behind his head at age 81)

I am not sure what you mean with falling apart here - was his leg loose :-)
Why did he put it behind his head and not under the bed or in a drawer? :-)
I have heard of several old people who can take out all their teeth and put
in a glass of water :-)

In a Swedish book I have there is an article by Staffan Lindeberg, with
photos of old persons in Kitava, where they seem to live in a healthy way.
One 100 year old man and a 92 year old woman both looking like 65, and an
65 year old shaman with a body of a Swedish well trained 35 year old.

- Hans