From:
Robert McGlohon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:41:41 -0600
> D'Adamo states that since different
> people lived in
> different environments for long periods of time, they adapted
> to different
> diets.  This is similiar to the paleo-dieting concept in
> general, except the
> paleo-dieting concept seems to treat all humans as a single
> group, whereas
> D'Adamo's concept seems to break us up into various groups
> based on our
> particular dietary past.  The crux of this depends on just
> how long it takes to
> adapt to a particular diet.  Any thoughts on this?
>
> Erik

It's my understanding that Neanderthin is based on the concept that the
10,000 years since the adoption of agriculture isn't enough time for a human
adaptation to agriculture, when compared to 400,000 or more years of
evolution centered on the hunter-gather lifestyle.

If you go back 400,000 years, or even 200,000, my guess would be that we
humans all are brothers and sisters, genetically speaking, and that fairly
recent distinctions in race, heritage and even bloodtype matter very little.

Let us all join hands . . .

Robert