From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 09:08:06 -0800
At 12:06 -0500 2/16/03, Fredrik Murman wrote:
 >On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:27:08 EST, Alex Shvartsman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
 >
 >>The example of your dog drinking with his meal is an example of an
 >>artificial environment which the dog did not evolve in.  So for your dog
 >>drinking with his meal is unnatural.
 >
 >There must be a reason to why he drinks. Do you have any suggestions?
 >
 >/Fredrik

We're gonna get told this is OT real soon here... The Paleo diet is
much higher in water content than the killer stuff man made for dogs,
so most will drink a lot less. Dogs are somewhat opportunistic about
water as well as food. Mine is hand-fed, not from a bowl near water.
He still will drink after eating. However, during the day he seldom
drinks at home, but will seek out spigots and hoses and ask me to
turn them on while we're out walking.

I also have to remember to drink during the day most times, but will
consume a quart or so of water between dinner and bedtime, but not
with meals. I think there is some relationship between eating and
subsequently taking in enough water to help with digestion or restore
balance. For carnivores, food and water are not always close
together, and most would seem to drink rather a lot at once when they
do get to water.

ginny