From:
Cathy Draut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 22:34:32 EDT
Hello, List!  A brief intro.  I found this list basically through diet changes
made for my 2 dogs, Golden Retrievers.  They now eat BARF (Bones And Raw
Food), and the gradual change in their diet led to think more and more about
what I and my family are eating.

A friend recommended "Protein Power," and then she found and recommended
"NeanderThin."  Well, the books just make sense.

Mr. Audette, I'm so pleased you're on this list!  I think the simplicity of
your book is much easier than "Protein Power."

Questions:

When making the transition for my dogs (based on "Give Your Dog a Bone," Ian
Billinghurst, DVM (Australia)), I had a hard time until someone gave me a
"menu" to follow for a week or two, until I had done it enough to be
comfortable with it.

(1)  I really appreciate the week's menu in "NeanderThin."  Would others be
willing to share a week's worth or a day's worth of food with me?

(2)  Does anyone do a lot of food dehydrating on their own?  If so, any
recommendations as to dehydrators and/or recipes?  How easy is homemade jerky
to make, and is it to good to eat?

(3)  Pemmican!  What an intriguing idea.  How does one dry the meat?  A food
dehydrator?  Does eating pemmican take some getting used to?

(4)  Any suggestions/cautions to someone just starting out?

Thanks to all who respond to my questions.  I know that "newbie" questions can
sometimes be frustratingly repetitive to those who have "been there, done
that," and so I really appreciate your time.

Cathy Draut