From:
Mike MacLeod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:31:22 -0800
I wonder about oatmeal.  I react strongly and immediately to a lot of carbs
- eating a bunch of sushi is about like eating a bunch of candy for me -
but for some reason I have a muted carb reaction to oatmeal. And unlike
other carb meals, oats "stay with me" longer than just about any other
food. I used to eat a (huge) bowl of oatmeal and then not think about
eating for up to 12 hours afterward.

Presumably the high level of fibre in oats has some buffering effect.  It
probably doesn't take too much reading between the lines to pick up that
I'm missing my oats now that the cold weather has set in...hey, maybe it's
a Scots thing.

Mike (MacLeod)