From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2012 08:24:07 -0500
First of all, I was, at the time,  talking about a particular idea(Creationism), not specifically targetting individuals. I suppose my past comment  could perhaps  be said to have implied something about individuals  in general expressing such a belief, but not that I thought any such individual was a "moron".  To use a more politically-correct term, given my past reference to "nonsense" etc.,  I could perhaps be said to have implied that such believers in Creationism showed a "lack of wisdom" , so as to avoid the use of another rather less-PC word, comprising of 4 letters and ending with the 12th letter of the alphabet. Emilio and others have anyway been far more eloquent than I could ever be on this issue, about how the "theory" of evolution is basically inextricably  intertwined with palaeolithic-diet-theory. The Bible is a merely Neolithic-era invention with all sorts of non-palaeo advice about eating grains etc, and the whole thesis of the palaeolithic diet is that our diets were changed c. 10,000 years ago, if not longer(according to some sources) which affected our health in a negative way, so that Bishop Usher's Creationist notion that we were created in 4004 BC conflicts with that.

Geoff

"(although I disagree with some of them), nor do I appreciate someone of another belief basically calling me a moron. "