From:
Don Hogan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:57:01 -0600
Wally Day wrote:
> (cows and sheep are
>
>> permissible if properly slaughtered)."
>>
>> Animals that chew their cud have better balanced fat profiles as well.
>> Maybe there is something to it...
>>

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that animals who chew their cuds
> also "double digest" grasses and grains. And, the major issues with our
> ability to process grains and such really boils down (no pun) to the fact
> that we really can't digest those foods properly. Hmmmmm....
>
> Of course, I'm probably trying to overthink this yet again....

It appears, whether by dedign or accident, many biblical recommendations
were founded on practical advice to protect the unwary from dangers such
as trichinosis/tapeworms etc., found commonly is pork type animals in
'days of old.' Granted, many modern day farming practices such as
antibiotic injections etc,. are doing loads of harm but in fairness the
old fear of contracting "tapeworms" from modern pork products is almost
a thing of the past. However I still make sure my pork is well cooked!
Don