From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:51:23 -0400
Charles wrote:
> While dairy is technically non paleo, there are plenty of traditional
peoples
> that thrive on dairy products (although this should be unpasturized and
> unhomgenised), and cheeses and yoghurts, etc.

That may be true. There are plenty of traditional peoples who eat corn and
rice, too, but that doesn't make them "paleo" under the definitions of this
list by any stretch.

Look, there is no getting around it: Dairy is largely a neolithic food.

Occasional dairy products such as cheese might be acceptable under the paleo
assumption that our ancestors would have enjoyed the stomach contents of
juvenile animals killed in the hunt.

But as a regular addition to a paleo diet, no.

--Richard