Date:
Sun, 11 May 2008 18:46:52 -0400
Geoffrey Purcell wrote:

> In short, there is no evidence whatsoever that cooking was instrumental re
> human brain-development(though undoubtedly, in terms of cultural
> development, later on), and the prevailing evidence clearly indicates that
> cooking was invented only c.250,000 years ago.

Surely taxes and war are evidence of cultural degeneration.

Evidence of fire still /= cooking.
Burnt bones is not evidence of cooking!

I have lived in a true wilderness where there were toothy scavengers,
and I always burnt bones, otherwise the scraps of rotting meat attracts
the pests.

The archaeologists seem to lack wilderness experience.

William