From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:50:58 -0500
On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:28:23 +1100, Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Or another option. A process which is generally harmless but when
>cholesterol levels are elevated becomes your CHD culprit.
>
>Have a read of this article. ..
>http://www.redflagsweekly.com/features/2002_oct31.html
>

>This discusses in simple terms the process of repairing artery damage.
>This process would normally be relatively benign, but in the presence
>of elevated LDL results in atherosclerosis.

I've read this article. It describes damages to the artery linings as the
primary cause of a repair mechanism leading to the plaques.
Which in turn would raise cholesterol levels as a means or repair,
I suppose.

Ok, the author lists "a few" risk factors: smoking, high blood pressure,
high blood sugar, high cortisol, high insulin, high TGs.
Some are strongly influenced by diabetes or insulin resistence, or just are
the sugar disease.
Others are influenced by prostaglandins, thus by EFAs.
Thus by unappropiate EFA ratios (unpaleo) or amounts (unpaleo)
or d6d-toxins (alcohol, tFA, SFA) or what Sears mentiones.

Btw: High cortisol it triggered by very high protein diets.
While Sears recommends a medium high protein diet just to get insulin down
(actually it takes glucagon up, what isn't the same).

regards

Amadeus S.