From:
Lynne Meyer-Gay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 13:45:27 -0500
Delurking here.

I have been low-carb for 2.5 years, with occasional lapses for a day
or two
every two months or so. The longer I am low carb, the easier it is to
get
back on the low-carb horse. In fact, my body leads me right back to
it, no
hassle--just like I used to be lead seemingly without choice to high
carbs.

When I go off low-carb and eat something made with wheat--like
bread--I am
rewarded with a stuffy head. An allergy to gluten maybe.

But when I'm in full low-carb mode and all around me people are
getting a
cold, I get a weeny bit of everything--sort of like a fever, but no
fever;
sort of a sniffle, but not really; sort of a cough, but no real cough,
etc., etc. And it does seem to hang around longer than the average
cold
might have.

I was chaulking it up to exotic new strains of bugs courtesy of global
warming or something. But reading Ilya's account made me wonder if it
is
low-carb related.

Next time, I will try a carb-up and see what happens. Though I think
I'd
rather dribble along than have a full-blown cold.

Thanks for an enjoyable list.

Re-lurking now,

Lynne
Lynne Meyer-Gay