From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:26:46 -0500
I don't think so.  While I will admit that it does take a very little bit
of technology, such as a fire and a rock with a depression in it near the
fire in which to render the fat, if you fully render the fat, you'll see
that the material you remove is a very small percentage.  Strictly
speaking, I guess that this removes it from the whole food category.  But
not by nearly as much as something like Metamucil which 1. is the seed husk
from an inedible product, and 2. is only a fraction of the entire seed.

I know that's not the most convincingly worded argument I've sent; I'm
strapped for time right now.  But I really don't think that the comparison
is valid.

John Pavao

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, John C. Pavao wrote:

> These products also fall under the category of unnaturally
> concentrated, and so are technically outside of this diet.

Wouldn't this also apply to the rendered tallow in pemmican?  You
can't get that stuff if you're naked with a sharp stick.

Todd Moody