From:
Micki Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 22:40:50 MST
Hello there,
With regards to dairy, I perceive that this may be a somewhat volatile
subject with differing opinions on all sides. For myself, I have experimented
in the past with excluding dairy and fermented foods when I was following the
zone program. This was due to a suspicion I had that I might be suffering from
systemic candidiasis. The zone program is a step in the right direction, but since
according to the author there are no forbidden foods, there is still the chance that
someone like myself might still not feel better on it, which was the case=2E I personally
do much better without dairy. However, some people might tolerate it  quite well.
I prefer to first experiment on myself with regards to this and  merely
suggest rather than demand that others do the same as myself.
I am new to paleolithic eating, but since I began about a week ago, carefully
and strictly, I am truly seeing improvements. I think it takes a few days or even weeks
to kick in as it were. I am already sleeping better and not wheezing as much.

Also, for Heather in Scotland who had a question about her inability to eat red meat.
Heather, you might try eating what protein you can, such as fish or chicken in small
tolerable amounts, and supplementing youri diet with EPA fish oil capsules taken
always with food, a little extra monounsaturated fat like olive oil, and carnitine.
I am just thinking about trying to compensate for the nutrients you are not getting
from red meat. Numerous small meals might be easier to get down also.
Hope this helps.