From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:27:05 -0400
Richard Geller wrote:

> 10 days isn't very long. I wonder if it doesn't take several months for
> the body to adjust. It took this long for me to be fully comfortable
> with not eating until nighttime.

I agree, and that's why I don't claim much significance for my
experiment, which was both small (1 person) and brief.

Now here's an idea... I found that I got the best BG results by eating
some mostly fat meals (75% fat or better, almost no carb) during the
day, then a "balanced" meal in the evening.  The IF literature suggests
that excellent results can be gotten from, well, eating every other
day.  But you said you're "not ready" for that, and frankly neither am
I.  But what if one tried "fat fasting" every other day?  This would
keep hunger at bay, to some extent, and the premise is that eating fat
metabolically mimics fasting, so intermittent fat fasting (IFF) should
in theory be metabolically very similar to IF.  Time for another experiment?

Todd Moody