From:
michael raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:25:43 -0800
From:    Todd
It feels a little...odd, at first.  I have to make
myself eat as much
as
I comfortably can, which is different from the usual
dieter's
preoccupation with eating as little as one comfortably
can.  Even as a
paleo dieter, I could never completely ignore the
amount of food I was
eating, if I wanted to lose weight.

Mike:
The times that I have not ate until dinner, I have
found that the following day my energy was low.  In
asking you about your transition I am interested in
knowing about your experience dealing with this, if
you experienced it.  How long should someone expect it
to take the body to adjust to only getting food once a
day?

Todd:
Throw in a large sweet potato and that's 680 more
kcals, so I'm up to 1,812, with 37g of carbs and 4
more grams of protein.

Mike:
37g of carbs + 4 g of protein equates to only about
164 calories not 680.  If a sweet potato contained 680
calories it would have to have a combination of 170 g
of carbs and protein.  It seems that if you used the
680 cal figure in your estimation your caloric intake
that you should subtract about 500 calories.

Mike