From:
Mark Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:48:49 -0700
Hello,

Todd Moody wrote:
>>It also counts against what I regard as
>>the dubious hypothesis that "paleo"
>>foods can be eaten in "unlimited
>>amounts" without gaining body fat.
>>Failure to gain body fat in times of
>>abundance, it seems to me, would have
>>been a serious evolutionary handicap.

Thanks for the insight--my first reaction is to agree with the idea that
we should be able to gain weight if we eat enough of the appropriate
foods.

For the last seven weeks i have been on a paleo diet of fish, nuts,
fruits, and vegetables (no animal meat other than fish, no legumes, no
grains, no dairy and no sweets)  I am too thin and want to gain weight
but have failed even when stuffing myself with four large meals a day.
Maybe this means i need more animal meat in my diet.

Today, i started eating meat from cows that were pasture fed.  They say
the hamburger is less than 10% fat.  It definitely tastes different from
grain-fed beef.

If i fail on this diet to gain weight i am unsure what to try next.  Any
suggestions?

Good health,
mark