From:
Kent Multer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 01:43:25 -0600

>Date:    Sun, 6 Dec 1998 23:45:59 EST
>From:    Libby Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I have read the book Paleothin, and am not sure I understand why he
recommends
>that people do not eat potatoes.  Aren't they vegetables - tubers?

Hi Libby, I'm not any kind of expert compared to some of the folks who hang
out here; but I was just catching up on two days' worth of messages, and I
noticed that you hadn't gotten a reply yet.  Maybe everyone's deeply
involved in the "instincto" thread, which I am only slightly interested in.

The basic principle of the NeanderThin (I think that's what you meant to
write) book is to only eat things that could be eaten by ancient people,
with only the most primitive of tools:  no cooking, even.  Potatoes, I
believe, are inedible and even toxic until they are cooked.

I know somebody out there could be more authoritative on this ... ?