From:
"M.E. C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 22:57:43 EST
In a message dated 11/6/2002 8:08:23 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> How low is low? And for how long did you stay how low? Obviously there
> isn't just low and high, but a continuum. I think Atkins recommends the
> extreme low just for a limited period of time and then gradual increases
> until you start to gain weight. Did you have to start gaining before you
> started feeling better? I think most iterations of paleo-type diets
> recommend low to moderate carbs.

I did the prescribed 20 gram induction and then never went over  50-75 grams
a day. I stayed at this level for most of a year.
 When I stopped doing the low carbing I did not gain any weight back.
The whole time I low carbed I was exercising often and mainly weight
training. It was difficult to weight train on lower carb but I forced myself
to do it even though it exhausted me. Looking back now, I feel pretty stupid
for punishing myself the way I did. Obviously, I couldn't do strenuous
workouts without more carbs.
Why do strenous workouts? I like muscle definition.
Other people may have better results with the low carb method. It just
doesn't work well for me. Too many side effects.
Mary C.