Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:29:46 -0500

> We have wild fruit trees,apple,mulberries,sickle pears,pears,tart cherry

What are sickle pears? Never heard of that.

> through October. There are days where I dream about carrying RoundUp in a
> double holsters but NO siree sir! we are an all natural grower here and
> must
> think all the wild life.

Yeah, know the feeling. I did use a little bit last year on some canada
thistles. Didn't even really kill them, they grew back from the roots.  I
ended up just pulling them and pulling them over and over all last year.
This year only a few came up. Still pulling. So basically my yard and garden
are organic, except for a few  exceptions.

Seriously,if anyone tries to do the natural
> way,start very small unlike my stupid head who jumped at having so much
> space, so little time to grow everything I can get my greedy hands on and
> asked DH for 10 acres and GOT IT....no I'm paying for it. Locals gets a
> great chuckle at this previous city slicker when they see my struggle.

I dream of that. My wife does not. I make do with my town lot, still over
half an acre, and not nearly big enough for what I like to do. I have a
separate garden at my folks place. They have a whole 160 acre farm to play
with.